H ello again,
Thanks for praying for us this past month. God is good. In the midst of our hustle and bustle, He breaks through to clearly tell us that He is all sufficient.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:
After poking away at it for nearly a year, this month I (Tim) finally finished reading Hudson Taylor’s two-volume biography. Through it I learned more about faith, missions, commitment, leadership, vision, devotion, single-mindedness, etc. than I could begin to tell in a single email message. Rather than try (perhaps you should read the book), I’ll share one quotation that has weighed on my mind. (For those of you who don’t know who Hudson Taylor was, he was the founder of the China Inland Mission, whose sole aim was to mobilize Christians to evangelize the Chinese multitudes.) Responding to a comment about his ‘great’ accomplishments, he said, “Do you know I sometimes think that God must have been looking for one small enough and weak enough for Him to use, so that all the glory might be His, and that He found me.” Please pray that that spirit would characterize our ministry.
SOME THINGS TO PRAY AND PRAISE ABOUT:
* We’re holding our first Trinidad Night this Friday (February 4). Pray that God will help us to share the vision He has given us for theological education in Trinidad & Tobago. Thank God for Winston & Marg Sheil who approached us about hosting a series of Trinidad Nights. They have invited a small group of friends and acquaintances into their home in order to give us the opportunity to share our planned ministry with them. We have planned another Trinidad Night on Friday February 25. Please pray for that one as well.
* I will be preaching at Glen Cairn Baptist, our home church, this Sunday, February 6, in both the morning and evening services. Please pray that God will empower me to speak His Word clearly. Please pray for our pastor Phil Stairs as he’s wrapping up his vacation and study leave.
* We will be ministering at Fellowship Baptist Church in Courtland on February 13 in the evening. This is the church that I grew up in. Pray that God will be glorified as we share how God has used the faithful ministry of that church to direct us to where we are today.
* Thank God for a couple of more meetings scheduled and the interest expressed by several other churches. Praise God that we have crossed the 20% mark for monthly support.
* Please pray for Emily. She has to go in for surgery again on March 1. She will be in for day surgery to have new ear tubes put it. The old ones fell out a couple of months ago, allowing fluid to build up behind her ear drums. This has dampened her hearing and quite likely slowed her speech development. She has just started visiting the speech pathologist once a week and we are already seeing progress.
* Please pray for Dr. Michael Loftis, the recently announced President-elect of ABWE. Pray that this transition process will be smooth. For more details, please check http://www.abwe.org/family/family.htm
* Please pray for Anil, one of the young men we met in Trinidad. He has completed his Liberty correspondence course and has been accepted to study at Calvary Baptist Bible College in Puerto Rico starting in August. Pray that God will provide the funds necessary for this adventure of faith. Pray that God will direct Anil back to Trinidad after his 4-year program of study with a vision for reaching the island for Christ. While we are extremely excited that Anil has this opportunity to study in Puerto Rico, we pray that God will some day soon provide opportunities like this in Trinidad.
In Christ Jesus,
Tim for Jane, Andrew & Emily Bahula
Preparing to Equip the Church in Trinidad & Tobago